Let me start from the beginning...
Rickey and I were trying to get pregnant for exactly one year when I got pregnant with Levi. I had just been to the doctor in February 2013 and she told me that we need to start looking into why. She also wrote me a prescription to make me ovulate. Something about it didn't feel right though. Rickey and I agreed to wait a little longer and see what happened. I was pregnant 2 weeks after the doctor's appointment. How amazing is our God?
Now fast forward to the actually pregnancy. I loved it!!!!! It was great! I loved feeling my little boy move!! The first time I looked at the sonogram, I looked at Rickey and said "It's a boy. It just looks like a boy." (F.Y.I. I was right!)
Now fast forward to November 4. I went the doctor the Tuesday before and was almost a 3. We made the appointment for November 4 and went about our week. I was preparing myself for the doctor to have to induce me on Friday. Sunday, November 3, we went to church and then to the annual car show. We walked around there and then came home where I walked a mile with Duke. Then Rickey and I rode to the creek on the four-wheeler to get his truck out of the mud.
10:00p.m. that night after my shower I noticed that I was bleeding a very tiny bit. So I called the answering service for my doctor and they connecting with a nurse. WELL... the nurse informed me that we need to come to the hospital now because "you can have a miscarriage at 40 weeks". My heart dropped. I looked at Rickey and told him what she told me. We rushed around the house gathering everything and we were on the road.
11:00p.m., Once we arrived at the hospital and they discovered everything was fine but we still had to wait 2 hours before they could release us. I told Rickey over and over that I was so sorry because we were not going to get back home until 1:00 a.m. then and we were going to have to go to work in the morning.
1:00 came and I was having regular contractions and had dilated to a 4. They admitted me to hospital and said I was in labor! I had no idea!!!!! So after everything got settled and phones were made we walked around the hospital to help move things along.
3:00 We walked around for about 15 minutes and then I sat back down. Not 15 minutes after I sat down my water broke. Ya'll, it was the neatest thing ever! It was like sitting on a water ballon!!! I just looked at Rickey and said "My water is breaking!" :) Then the real contractions started.
3:30 I got the epidural! It was so weird! I definitely appreciate the medicine, however; I DID NOT like not being able to move my legs. Kara had also showed up between 3:30 and 4:30.
Fast forward to 9:00... Everybody has showed up for Levi's arrival and I am finally a 10 and ready to push. :) I pushed for 50 minutes and then Levi was here! It was amazing!!! * Side note: by this time Rickey and I had been up for 24 hours straight.*
So there you have it. It was wonderful and fast! The Lord blessed me with a healthy baby boy and delivery and I thank Him everyday for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment