Tuesday, February 18, 2014

RSV

Well, what I was hoping was just a runny/stuffy nose is actually RSV. (RSV is short for a type of respiratory virus that is contagious.) Monday after taking him to daycare and getting home Levi's cough sounds a little worse. I did not know if we should take him to the doctor or not. So we called and they said if we came right then they could see us that night. So, we loaded up and headed to the doctor. The first thing they did was test him for RSV and it came back positive. Dr. Caballero is super nice and reassured me that I did not do anything wrong and that I cannot keep him in a bubble. :( So, no more daycare for Levi until he his better. that means that I am taking 2 days and Rickey is taking 2 days and hopefully by Monday of next week he will be better. As far as treatment goes, Dr. Caballero gave him a prescription incase he starts wheezing; which is very likely with RSV. Rickey and I are both worried to death even  though the doctor didn't seem to think that it is so bad. We are
keeping him upright as much as possible so all the messiness can drain out instead of in his lungs. Y'all please say a prayer for our little man to get better quickly...

Even though he is sick, he is still in such a good mood! He just loves to play!!

No comments:

Post a Comment