Friday, August 7, 2015

Coy's Birth Story

This is a VERY long post so beware!!!

Coy's birth story must start with his pregnancy.... I had a fairly easy pregnancy the whole time. I stayed hot with all the fans on in the house until the day after I had him! I also didn't exercise like I did with Levi's pregnancy, which made it a little hard to not gain too much weight... Speaking of which, some said I looked bigger this time than I did with Levi, others said I looked the same. I think I was the pretty much the same with a few differences; Coy was up higher than Levi, I felt hot all the time with Coy, and I had acid reflux with Coy and heartburn with Levi...

Now on to his actual birth....
 Dr. Moersch checked me on a Thursday at 38 weeks and I was between a 1 and 2 and 50%thinned (same as the week before). She asked me about inducing, I told her I would rather wait, so she told me to be back next Thursday and off I went! I went to the school that following Monday as a final walk through before school started and to get things organized. Monday evening/night I started having what I was calling Braxton Hicks contractions every 8 to 10 minutes. They were pretty steady for about two hours and then they weren't so I just decided to go on to bed and see what happened the next day.

Tuesday I had "Braxton Hicks contractions" all day at irregular intervals until about 5:30-6:00 that night. Then they started getting more regular and very intense. And by intense I mean when I was in labor with Levi, my contractions were about in the same level when my water broke... But these contractions were still up to 8 minutes apart... So off to bed we went to wait and see. I kept having these contractions all night and was up and down constantly. About 1:30 am the contractions actually woke me up. By 4:30-5:00 I couldn't lay in bed anymore so I told Rickey I was going to get up. He asked if he needed to plan on going to work that day and I told him "probably not". ;)

By 5:30 I went back to Rickey and told him to go ahead and get up and take me to the hospital. At this  point the contractions were 4 minutes apart and I was a good deal of pain with each one. We were on the road around 6:00 (Rickey took his time getting ready!) ;) and Linda was with Levi...

We got to the hospital at about 6:40. There nurse tells me I am between a 4 and 5. We waited for about an hour and the nurse came back and said Dr. Moersch wanted to admit me to the hospital. They came and did the blood work for the epidural and asked if I wanted right then... I said no that I wanted at 8:00 (about 20 minutes later). I waited until 8:00 on the dot and called the nurse back in there to let her know I was ready for that epidural! 

By 8:20 they were in there with the epidural. However, this is where the problem was. Apparently there was a "hot spot" where Coy was preventing the medicine from getting to one spot in my stomach. It was horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The same time we discovered I had this EXTREMELY PAINFUL hotspot the doctor wanted to break my water. She checked me and I was between 8 and 9. They finally came back in and gave me more medicine to fix the hotspot and directly after that I started pushing! I pushed for about 15 minutes and Coy Blake Denosn arrived at 9:39 am!!!!! :)

Overall, we hadn't been at the hospital 3 hours when I  delivered Coy! That was seriously the fastest delivery ever!!! My mom was the only one who made it to the hospital before I started pushing and she didn't make in time to see us before that! I think Coy was just in a hurry and wanted to meet everyone super fast!!

Coy Blake Denson, 7lb 3oz, 20 inches long


Look at that face!! So sweet!!

We are now a family of four!!!

Levi adored holding and kissing his baby brother!!!


He took is cap so he could see Coy's head...

Then he took Daddy's hat so Coy could wear it! 

Ready to go home!!!!!!! (I didn't get to take any pictures of him at home in his outfit because he used the restroom as soon as we got home and it got all over his shirt!)

No comments:

Post a Comment